Call forwarding instructions may vary depending on your telephone company and phone system.
The following is the most common method for forwarding from Fairpoint phone lines.
- Pick up the line you want to forward
- Press 72#
- When you hear dial tone, enter your call forwarding number
- When it starts to ring, wait for a customer service representative at Advanced Answering to
answer. Let her know you are forwarding your phones and verify any after hours on call
coverage if necessary.
Removing Call Forwarding
- Pick up the line that had been forwarded
- Press 73#
- When you hear dial tone, enter your call forwarding number or the auto-check in line number
- Wait for a customer service representative to answer and give you your messages.
Troubleshooting Call Forwarding Problems
Problem: When you try to forward a line or remove call forwarding, you hear a fast busy tone.
Solution: This tone usually indicates that the feature you are trying to use is already enabled.
Hang up the phone and use the opposite command. For example, you try to forward your phones
and hear a fast busy. This indicates the line may already be forwarded. Use the 73# command to
remove the forwarding, hang up the phone and start the call forwarding process again.
Problem: You try several times to forward your lines, but the phones are still ringing at your
Solution: Sometimes the forwarding process does not complete due to issues with the phone
company or an incorrect key being pressed. Pick up the phone line and press 73# to remove any
programming on the line. Hang up and start the forwarding process again.
Problem: You want to verify that the forwarding is activated and ringing at the correct number.
Solution: After forwarding your phone line to Advanced Answering Center, pick up another line
and dial your business number. You should hear only one ring in your office and then have the
line answered by a customer service representative at Advanced Answering Center.